SQL Server 2017 Standard License
Trusted Return Policy
- Perform queries faster than disk with in-memory columnstore
- Perform transactions up to 30x faster with in-memory OLTP.
- Up to 1 million predictions per second with Python and R integration
Item added to your cart
How to license SQL Server Standard
SERVER + CAL:
Provides the option to license users and/or devices, with low cost access to incremental SQL Server deployments.
- Each server running SQL Server software requires a server license.
- Each user and/or device accessing a licensed SQL Server requires a SQL Server CAL that is the same version or newer - for example, to access a SQL Server 2012 Standard Edition server, a user would need a SQL Server 2012 or 2017 CAL.
- Each SQL Server CAL allows access to multiple licensed SQL Servers, including Standard Edition and legacy Business Intelligence and Enterprise Edition Servers.
Gives a more precise measurement of computing power and a more consistent metric, regardless of whether solutions are deployed on physical servers on-premises, or in virtual/cloud environments.
- Core based licensing is appropriate when customers are unable to count users/devices, have Internet/Extranet worklodads or systems that integrate with external facing workloads.
- To license a physical server—when running SQL Server in a physical OSE—all physical cores on the server must be licensed.
- A minimum of four core licenses are required for each physical processor on the server.
Download the full Microsoft SQL Server 2017 Licensing guide
SQL Features - Standard/Enterprise
|SQL Server 2017 Features||Standard||Enterprise|
|Scale||Maximum number of cores||24 Cores||OS Max|
|Maximum buffer pool size per instance||128 GB||OS Max|
|Maximum Columnstore segment cache per instance||32 GB||OS Max|
|Maximum memory-optimized data per database||32 GB||OS Max|
|Maximum database size||524 PB||524 PB|
|Production use rights|
|Unlimited virtualization (benefit of Software Assurance)|
|Programmability||Programmability and developer tools: T-SQL, SQL CLR, Service Broker, JSON, XML, graph data support|
|OLTP Performance||Advanced OLTP: in-memory OLTP, operational analytics|
|Management Studio, policy-based management|
|Two-node single database failover, non-readable secondary|
|Always On Availability Groups, multi-database failover, readable secondaries|
|Security||Always Encrypted Row-level security, data masking|
|Compliance reporting with SQL Server audit|
|Transparent data encryption|
|Data Integration||Fuzzy grouping and look ups|
|Data Warehousing||Partitioning, data compression, change data capture, database snapshot|
|Adaptive Query Processing|
|Master Data Services, Data Quality Services|
|Business Intelligence||Maximum memory utilized per instance of Analysis Services||Tabular: 16 GB
MOLAP: 64 GB
|Maximum Memory utilized per instance of Reporting Services||64 GB||OS Max|
|Basic reporting and analytics|
|SQL Server Integration Services, built-in connectors|
|Basic multi-dimensional models, basic tabular model, in-memory storage mode|
|Mobile reports and KPIs|
|Advanced multi-dimensional models, advanced tabular model, DirectQuery storage mode, advanced data mining|
|Access to Power BI Report Server (benefit of Software Assurance)|
|Advanced Analytics||Connectivity to open source Python and R, limited parallelism|
|Full parallelism of R and Python analytics and the ability to run on GPUs|
|Machine Learning for Hadoop/Spark and Machine Learning for Linux, a software assurance benefit|
|Hybrid Cloud||Stretch Database|
New to SQL Licensing? Check out our SQL Server licensing guide to find out the features that would benefit you and how license.
Take a deeper dive into SQL licensing with a licensing expert from our team in our Video Meetup.
Trusted Tech Team has full licensing experts available to assist you in purchasing the correct licensing model for your needs. This is a digital download product that will be sent directly to your inbox. Whether you are upgrading your 2008, 2012, 2014 or 2016 edition, this SQL Server 2017 download will provide you with all database tools to improve your data and store it securely. Advanced SQL queries have never been easier with a new feature implemented in the most recent version called automatic database tuning - which will work towards improving notifying query performance problems, and will also recommend solutions for you. Contact us at email@example.com or (855)-202-8140 and we will be happy to get you taken care of!
What do I get with my purchase?
You receive an authorization and agreement number to register on the Volume Licensing Service Center
How long does it take get my download?
Open License products are delivered via email within 1-2 days of placing the order
What if I need help?
We provide installation support free with all purchases. Just reach out if you need help, we're here!
Give us a call or chat instantly