Effective Date: December 8, 2023
This Privacy Notice (“Notice”) applies to the information we collect about you when you use our website at www.trustedtechteam.com (the “Site”), our products, including our customer platform (the “Platform”) and integrated software modules, and various services, like our consulting, customer support, technical support, and data management services. The products and services we offer are collectively referred to as our “Services.” This Notice also explains your choices surrounding how we use information about you, including with respect to your rights under applicable privacy laws. Our privacy practices are subject to the applicable laws of the places in which we do business, so we have added region-specific terms that only apply to customers located in certain geographic regions, or as required by applicable laws. Customers who are residents of California, please review our California Privacy Choices page here.
NOTE: Trusted Tech Team provides its Services pursuant to a contract with its Customers. Where we process personal data pursuant to an agreement with a Customer to provide Services, the Customer controls the information processed by the Services. Please contact your account administrator for information regarding the personal information they control.
Changes to this Notice
Application of this Notice
This Notice does not apply to:
- Third-Party Sites. Websites, apps, videos (embedded or direct links), or other content (each a “Linked Site”) to which we link that are not operated by us. Linked Sites have their personal information collection and use practices, and we are not responsible for those practices. We encourage you to read each Linked Site's privacy disclosures to understand how your information is processed.
- Non-Personal Information. Our processing of information that cannot be linked to an identifiable or identified individual. We may process this data for any legitimate business purpose.
- Workforce Members and Candidates. Our processing of the personal information of current or former workforce members and job applicants is not governed by this Notice.
Collection of Your Personal Information
Information You Provide To Us
We collect information about you when you provide it through our Site and Services . This information includes:
- Your Personal Details. These include your first and last name, email address, phone number, mailing and billing address, employer or group information (if your reservation is part of a company or group booking), and other contact information you provide.
- Government Identifiers. These include your driver's license, passport, or other government ID information as well as your country of citizenship.
- Payment Information. We collect payment and billing information when you register for certain paid Services. For example, we ask you to designate a billing representative, including name and contact information, upon registration. You might also provide payment information, such as payment card details, which we collect via secure payment processing services.
- Survey data. We may contact some individuals to request participation in a survey or other general research. If you choose to take part in these, you may provide personal information, in or along with your survey responses, or in any other feedback or comments you give us.
- Contests, sweepstakes, and prize drawings data. If you take part in a contest, sweepstakes, or prize drawing, then you may provide personal information, feedback, or comments to enter, or as part of the contest, sweepstakes, or prize drawing.
- Messages and email data. We collect information about you when you send, receive, open, read or otherwise engage with messages, email, or other communications in connection with our Services, including whether you have opened or acted on those communications.
- Social Media Content. For example, interactions with our Social Media Pages and content you post on them. This information may include your social media handle, account ID, publicly available photos and other data made public by you on your social media.
- Other Personal Information You Provide. If you provide us personal information other than that described above, we will collect it and use it for the purposes for which you provide it or other consistent purposes.
- Inferences. In certain instances, we may infer personal information about you based on the information you have provided to us or that we have collected about you.
Information We Automatically Collect
We permit third parties to use tracking technologies on our websites for analytics and advertising, including to help manage and display advertisements, to tailor advertisements to your interests, and provide metrics on advertising effectiveness. The third parties use their technology to provide advertising about products and services tailored to your interests which may appear either on our websites or on other websites.
The information we collect using these technologies includes:
- Device and Browser Identifiers. For example, an assigned user ID, IP address, or similar identifier that can be used to identify your device. This includes when you connect a device to WiFi or other Internet-enabled services at our Properties.
- Coarse and Precise Location Information. We may gain a general approximation of your location that is not based on global position system (GPS) information. We may collect your precise location when you enable us to collect it via your device. You can use your device's settings to restrict access to precise location.
- Browsing and Search History. Information about the content you view and searches you make on our Site(s).
- Website Log and Usage Data. Information related to our pages you viewed, the services and features you used or interacted with, your browser type and details about any links or communications with which you interacted.
- Advertising Metrics. Information about the advertisements you have viewed on our Website.
- Chat Modules. We may collect certain categories of personal information from you when you use our interactive chat module. By interacting with the chat box, you consent to our collection practices and understand and acknowledge that we may use this data to provide our chat functionality.
Some browsers have incorporated “do not track” features to enable users to make privacy and security choices. By using these settings, your browser may send a signal to our Site not to collect tracking information. At this time, the Site does not respond to “do not track” signals, if received. To learn more about your options with respect to tracking technologies, please see the Your Privacy Preferences section, below.
Information We Collect From Other Sources
We obtain the personal information described above from third parties including:
- Other Users of Our Services. Other users of our Services may provide information about you when they submit content through the Services. For example, an administrator may provide your contact information when they designate you as the billing or technical contact on your company's account or when they designate you as an administrator. We also receive your email address from other Service users when they provide it in order to invite you to the Services.
- Linked Services. We receive information about you when you or your administrator integrate third-party services with our Services. You or your administrator may also integrate our Services with other services you use, such as to allow you to access, store, share and edit certain content from a third-party through our Services. For example, you may authorize our Services to access, display and store information from Microsoft in connection with the Services we offer. The information we receive when you link or integrate our Services with a third-party service depends on the settings, permissions and policies of that third-party service.
- Business Services Providers. These are those persons or entities with whom we have a relationship to provide business operations services and support to the Company. These providers may include the following:
- IT Operations Providers. These include cloud computing service providers, internet service providers, data backup and security providers, functionality and infrastructure providers, and similar service providers.
- Operations Providers. These include service providers with whom we partner to provide day-to-day business operations, including payment processors, security vendors, business software service providers, hospitality service providers, banks, facilities management providers.
- Marketing and Advertising Providers. We may receive information about you from third party providers of business information and publicly available sources (like social media platforms), including physical mail addresses, job titles, email addresses, phone numbers, intent data (or user behavior data), IP addresses and social media profiles, for the purposes of targeted advertising of products that may interest you, delivering personalized communications, event promotion, and profiling.
- Publicly Available Sources. These include public databases, marketing partners, and event sponsors.
Use of Your Personal Information
We may use your personal information for a variety of reasons. Depending on how you interact with our Services, these include using personal information:
- Delivering Our Services to you and to provide the related customer support, communication, and security.
- Customer Service to provide customer service, maintain and service products and accounts, provide training for quality assurance purposes, and perform similar activities.
- Processing Transactions to process or fulfill orders and transactions, verify customer information, process payments, confirm eligibility promotional benefits, and perform similar activities.
- Research and Development. We may use personal information to optimize and improve our Services. The information we use may include feedback from individuals, aggregated data about common usage trends, popular products and features, search terms, usage times, etc. We use this information to improve and develop products and features, to better integrate the Services you use, or to provide you with insights based on how others use our Services. We also test and analyze certain new features with some users before rolling the feature out to all users.
- Policy Enforcement including enforcing our terms of stay and service, acceptable use policies, anti-spam policies, and similar policies.
- Advertising & Marketing to send advertisements and marketing material via physical and electronic mail relating to product specials and other promotional events or offers, perform marketing research and data analytics, and perform similar activities.
- Contextual and Behavioral Targeting to provide contextual customization of ads shown as part of an interaction with our website or application, using tracking technologies like cookies and pixels.
- Counting Ad Impressions & Website Interactions to audit interactions with our websites, applications, or advertisements, count ad impressions to unique visitors, verify position and quality of ad impressions, and perform similar activities.
- Fraud Prevention to detect security incidents, protect against malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity, and to prosecute those responsible for that activity.
- Public Health and Safety to ensure the health and safety of our guests, our workforce members, and the general public.
- Defending Against Claims & Litigation to defend against or respond to potential or actual claims and litigation.
- With your consent. We use information about you where you have given us consent to do so for a specific purpose not listed above.
We will retain your personal information only for so long as necessary to fulfill the purposes for which we collected it, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting, or reporting requirements. To determine the appropriate retention period for personal information, we consider the amount, nature, and sensitivity of the personal information; the potential risk of harm from unauthorized use or disclosure of your personal information; the purposes for which we process your personal information and whether we can achieve those purposes through other means; and the applicable legal requirements. In some circumstances, you may ask us to delete your information. Additionally, we may anonymize your personal information (so that it can no longer be associated with you) for research or statistical purposes, in which case we may use this information indefinitely without further notice to you.
We have implemented and maintain reasonable security procedures and practices, appropriate to the nature of the information, to protect your personal information from unauthorized access, destruction, use, modification, or disclosure. However, no security measure is perfect, so we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information. If you have reason to believe that your interaction with us is no longer secure (for example, if you feel that the security of your account has been compromised), please immediately notify us in accordance with the “Contact Us” section, below.
International Data Transfers
We are located and operate in the United States. By submitting personal information to us, you understand that we may transfer your personal information to country foreign to you, including the United States, for processing. The laws that apply to the use and protection of personal information in the United States, or other countries or jurisdictions in which we transfer or process personal information, may be different from the laws and protections in your country. These transfers may include transfers to our service providers located in foreign jurisdictions. Whenever we engage a service provider, we require that its privacy and security standards adhere our requirements and applicable privacy laws. Trusted Tech Team LLC does not have an establishment in the European Economic Area, the United Kingdom, or Switzerland, nor do we target our activities to those jurisdictions. If you are from the EU, EEA, UK, or Switzerland, please visit our UK website at www.trustedtechteam.co.uk.
Your Privacy Preferences
You can control the collection and use of personal information for some of our processing activities. This includes:
- Adjusting Communication Preferences
- Emails From Trusted Tech Team: During the registration for Trusted Tech Team, you should be presented with an opt-in to receive email communications. If you wish to no longer receive email communications, you can click on the “unsubscribe” link located at the bottom of the email, email Trusted Tech Team at firstname.lastname@example.org to let us know, and we will remove you as soon as possible. Opting out of marketing or newsletter emails will not opt-you out of all emails—we may need to send you transactional or similar emails related to your Trusted Tech Team' or a Property's account, purchases, legal or contractual updates, or similar topics. You are not able to opt-out of these emails.
- Text Messages: You may opt out of automated text notifications any time by replying “STOP,” or any alternative keyword we have shared with you. You may still receive communications from Trusted Tech Team regarding safety issues, such as messages related to your account, even if you have opted out.
- Opting Out of Cookies: There are several ways to opt-out of cookies. If, however, you do not accept any cookies, you may experience some inconvenience in your use of the Online Services. For example, we will not be able to recognize your computer, and you will need to log in every time you visit. You also will not receive advertising or other offers from us that are relevant to your interests.
- Browser settings: You can opt out of cookies on your browser. Every browser is different so please check the instructions provided by your browser.
Your Privacy Rights - Virginia Residents
The following section provides an overview of privacy rights afforded to Virginia residents by the Virginia Consumer Data Protection Act. Virginia residents’ rights include:
- Access. The right to know (or confirm) what personal information an entity has collected about you, and to receive a copy of it.
- Deletion. The right to request that an entity delete personal information it has collected from you.
- Restriction. The right to request an entity restricts how it uses certain personal information. In California, this right is referred to as the right to limit the use of sensitive personal information.
- Correction. The right to request correction of inaccurate personal information maintained by an entity.
- Opt-Out of the Sale of Your Personal Information and Targeted Ads. The right to opt-out of the sale of your personal information to third parties and the right to opt-out of the use of personal information for targeted advertising.
- Opt-out of Profiling: The right to opt- out of profiling in furtherance of decisions that produce legal or similarly significant effects concerning you.
Exercising Your Privacy Rights
You may make a request at any time to exercise your right to access, delete, restrict and correct your data by emailing us at email@example.com or by submitting a request through submitting it through our Contact Us form. To request to opt-out of the sale or sharing of your personal information for targeted advertising, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will respond to your request within 45 days upon successful receipt of your request. If we need more time to process and respond to your request, we will notify you of that fact along with the reason for the delay. If we decline to act regarding your request, we will inform you of our decision and the reason for it.
Opting Out of Sale, Sharing, and Targeted Advertising
To make a request to opt-out of sale and/or sharing of personal information email us at email@example.com.
Our Services are not intended for persons under 16 years of age. We do not knowingly collect or process the personal information of individuals under the age of 16. If we learn that we have collected personal information from a child under age 16, we will delete that information as quickly as possible. If you believe that a child under 16 may have provided us their Personal Information, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you have questions or comments about this Notice or complaints and our privacy practices, please contact us:
Mail: Trusted Tech Team, LLC 5171 California Avenue, Suite 250, Irvine CA 92617
Telephone: (855) 202-8140