Windows Server 2016 Remote Desktop - 1 Device CAL
Trusted Return Policy
Details(View full description)
- Does not include a Windows Server license
- Minimum of 5 CALs required per new Open Value agreement
- Shop Windows Server licenses
- Remote Desktop Service Device CALs grant access to your devices to remotely connect to your server
- Required for every device that is remotely connecting
- Looking for User CALs? Click Here!
- Comprehensive Price Quote delivered within 30 minutes or less, volume discounts available
Item added to your cart
Microsoft Windows Server 2016 Remote Desktop Device CAL License
Includes 1 Remote Desktop Protocol Device CAL. Each Device can access the server remotely no matter the number of users. Windows Server 2016 has countless new upgrades including Personal Session Desktops functionality. This allows service providers to assign personal desktops to end-users, based on Windows Server 2016 in the Guest VM instead of Windows Client OS. The personal session desktop capability extends the session-based desktop deployment scenario in Remote Desktop Services to create a new type of session collection where each user is assigned to their own personal session host with administrative rights.
For license versions of Microsoft Windows Server 2016 RD that require device CALs to access the network, Trusted Tech Team offers individual device CALs at unbeatable prices. Our single device CALs make it easy for small businesses to add additional equipment with an unlimited number of users. Single device CALs are cost-effective and user-friendly. They are available individually for the best value and are delivered digitally for instant access. Order from Trusted Tech Team and enjoy unbeatable customer service from representatives with an elevated knowledge base. Trusted Tech Team is a Microsoft Silver Partner.
Need help determining your licensing scenario? Take a look at the guide below:
User or Device CAL? How to choose:
- User CAL – Gives an individual the right to access the terminal server from any of their devices including their workstation in the office, laptop/desktop at home, or mobile device.
- Why User CAL?
- It will be more cost effective if you have more devices than users. Only 1 user CAL would be required to cover “X” number of devices.
- User CALs are Trusted Tech Team's recommendation. They're cheaper to license and offer more flexibility.
- Device CAL – Allows your individual device the ability to access the terminal server such as a workstation in the office or a tablet used to take customer orders.
- Why Device CAL?
- It will be more cost effective if you have numerous users who all access the same device to remote into the server. This method is typically seen in medical offices or warehouses in which the same device has more than one user throughout the day. You will only need to purchase one CAL for each device instead of numerous user CAL for each user.
- To ensure you are in compliance with the licensing terms, you will want to keep a head count on the number of device/users accessing the terminal server. If no CALs are available, the remote users will be blocked out from accessing the terminal server. Speak with our licensing experts today to ensure you are in compliance!
Whichever solution you choose, you have another layer of flexibility when it comes to content that is published to your users:
- Desktop: Your IT admin will be able to push any applications, folders, and documentation onto each user's session. All sessions have the ability to include or exclude any content. This method is preferred if your users are going to be utilizing their remote session as their primary workstation.
- RemoteApps: Preferred if you want to host your applications on a virtual machine as if they're directly on your user's desktops. Typically used when you want to manage applications in a secure, remote environment.
For more information regarding the Microsoft Windows Server 2016 Remote Desktop CAL License, contact us at (855) 202-8140 or support@TrustedTechTeam.com.
What do I get with my purchase?
You receive a product key, download link and install instructions
How do I get the download?
Most products are delivered digitally via email within 30 minutes of purchase.
What if I need help?
We provide installation support free with all purchases. Just reach out if you need help, we're here!
Give us a call or chat instantly