Microsoft SQL Server 2019 Standard +5 CALs - License
Trusted Return Policy
Item added to your cart
Secure your data with SQL Server 2019
Query and analyze your data using industry-leading performance and security.
How to license SQL Server Standard
SERVER + CAL:
Provides the option to license users and/or devices, with low cost access to incremental SQL Server deployments.
- Each server running SQL Server software requires a server license.
- Each user and/or device accessing a licensed SQL Server requires a SQL Server CAL that is the same version or newer - for example, to access a SQL Server 2012 Standard Edition server, a user would need a SQL Server 2012 or 2019 CAL.
- Each SQL Server CAL allows access to multiple licensed SQL Servers, including Standard Edition and legacy Business Intelligence and Enterprise Edition Servers.
Gives a more precise measurement of computing power and a more consistent metric, regardless of whether solutions are deployed on physical servers on-premises, or in virtual/cloud environments.
- Core based licensing is appropriate when customers are unable to count users/devices, have Internet/Extranet worklodads or systems that integrate with external facing workloads.
- To license a physical server—when running SQL Server in a physical OSE—all physical cores on the server must be licensed.
- A minimum of four core licenses are required for each physical processor on the server.
Download the full Microsoft SQL Server 2019 Licensing guide
SQL Features - Standard/Enterprise
|SQL Server 2019 New Features||Standard||Enterprise|
|Compute and storage||Maximum number of cores||24||OS Max|
|Maximum memory utilized per instance||128 GB||OS Max|
|Maximum size||524 PB||524 PB|
|Intelligence over all your data||SQL Server 2019 Big Data Clusters with Apache Spark and HDFS built into SQL Server engine|
|Data virtualization using PolyBase (including additional data sources like Oracle, Teradata, MongoDB, and other SQL Server databases)|
|Unified AI platform to train and operationalize models with SQL Server ML Services|
|Choice of language and platform||Compatibility certfication|
|Support for SQL Server Java extension|
|Industry-leading performance and availability||Free DR replicas in Azure and on-premises|
|Intelligent Query processing: Scalar UDF inlining, table variable deferred compilation, approximate count distinct|
|Intelligent Query processing features: row mode memory grant feedback, batch mode for row store and automatic tuning|
|Automatic read-write connection re-routing|
|In-Memory Database: memory-optimized tempdb|
|In-Memory Database: Persistent Memory support|
|Accelerated Database recovery|
|Secure and reliable||Always Encrypted with secure enclaves|
|Transparent database encryption|
|Data classification and auditing|
|Quick business insights||Azure Data Studio to manage SQL Server including support for T-SQL using Notebooks|
|SQL Server Analysis Services Direct Query|
Microsoft SQL Server has been one of the premier leaders in database technology for years. The 2019 edition picks up right where it's predecessor left off. New to SQL Licensing? Check out our SQL Server licensing guide to find out the features that would benefit you and how license.
Take a deeper dive into SQL licensing with a licensing expert from our team in our Video Meetup below.
What do I get with my purchase?
You receive an authorization and agreement number to register on the Volume Licensing Service Center
How long does it take get my download?
Open License products are delivered via email within 1-2 days of placing the order
What if I need help?
We provide installation support free with all purchases. Just reach out if you need help, we're here!
Give us a call or chat instantly
Top notch assistance and service provided.
Very helpful and listened to what I was doing before telling me the licenses I needed. Will shop here again.
Had a great experience. The team responded immediately and had everything I needed quickly.
Backing up to Azure makes for a safe secure process, plus all around Cloud readiness in regards to the Kubernetes support addition.
The encryption with secure enclaves is what makes this specific edition better than any other SQL Server edition from Microsoft.