There are a few variations of SQL editions, and we know that moving from one to another can get a bit confusing.
This guide will help walk you through the steps to take your SQL software to your target edition with ease!
1) Firstly, we will want to open up the SQL Server Installation Center and click on the 'Maintenance' tab. Click on the first option - 'Edition Upgrade'.
2) After the setup initializes, you will see the license terms page. Accept the license terms after reading through them and click 'Next'.
3) The setup will then run additional checks. Let this process complete, and you will see the 'Select Instance' page next.
4) Select the edition of SQL you are upgrading to and click 'Next'.
5) You will see another set of checks being run. After this completes, you will see the 'Ready to upgrade edition' screen.
6) Change any features that you may or may not need at this step, and once everything looks good to go, click 'Upgrade'.
7) After the upgrade process has completed, it is safe to close the window and you are all set!
If you need assistance, feel free to give us a call! A representative will be more than happy to assist you.
Sales and Support M-F 6:00am - 4:00pm PST
Need a PDF copy of this page? Click here to send us a request!