Microsoft Windows Server 2016 Datacenter Core Single License 2 Cores
Trusted Return Policy
Details(View full description)
- Best value for virtualization
- Allows unlimited Virtual Machines (VM) with Hyper-V
- Simplified management console and clustering included
- Server Datacenter requires CALs, which are not included with this product
- *Microsoft requires a minimum of 16-cores per server and at least 8-cores per processor.
- Comprehensive Price Quote delivered within 30 minutes or less, volume discounts available
Recommended to Purchase With This Product
TOTAL (Add-ons): $0
Item added to your cart
Microsoft Windows Server 2016 Datacenter Core - Single License 2 Core License
Need help determining your licensing scenario? Take a look at the guide below:
Windows Server 2016 Datacenter is a variant of Windows Server 2016 that is designed for highly virtualized datacenter and cloud environments. Windows Server 2016 is a cloud-compatible operating system that supports all current workloads while introducing new technologies that make transitioning to cloud computing much easier. The system brings great new layers of security to the table and possesses Azure-inspired innovation for the applications and infrastructure that can transform the way you do business.
The Windows Server 2016 licensing model includes both Cores + Client Access Licenses (CALs). Each user and device accessing a licensed Windows Server Standard, Datacenter or Multipoint edition require a Windows Server CAL, or a Windows Server and a Remote Desktop Services (RDS) CAL. A Windows Server CAL allows access to any edition of Windows Server of the same or earlier version. Each Window Server CAL provides access to multiple licenses of Windows Server.
When you are ready to transition workloads to the public cloud, you can leverage your existing investment in Windows Server. The Azure Hybrid Use Benefit lets you bring your on-premises Windows Server license with Software Assurance to Azure. Rather than paying the full price for a new Windows Server virtual machine, you will pay only the base to compute rate. Find more details at www.azure.com.
Features exclusive to the Windows Server 2016 Datacenter version include:
- Shielded Virtual Machines
- Software-defined networking
- Core functionality of Windows Server
- Unlimited OSEs / Hyper-V containers
- Unlimited Windows Server containers
- Host Guardian Service
- Nano Server
- Storage features including Storage Spaces Direct & Storage Replica
- Shielded Virtual Machines
- Networking stack
- Core-based pricing - $6,155
What do I get with my purchase?
You receive an authorization and agreement number to register on the Volume Licensing Service Center
How long does it take get my download?
Open License products are delivered via email within 1-2 days of placing the order
What if I need help?
We provide installation support free with all purchases. Just reach out if you need help, we're here!
Give us a call or chat instantly