Microsoft Windows Server 2016 Remote Desktop Device 5-CAL License
Need help determining your licensing scenario? Take a look at the guide below:
Windows Server Licensing Guide
*This product includes 5 RDS Device CALs
Microsoft Windows Server 2016 allows users and devices to access your company’s servers remotely. This makes it easy for field workers and remote employees to log into the system to work, regardless of where they are located. Each employee or device must have a CAL in order to access the server software. Trusted Tech Team offers packages of five device CALs to make it easy and affordable to register five computers, tablets or other devices for one low price. Grow your team, add devices and improve efficiencies by order additional CALs for your software. Our five-device CAL package is delivered electronically.
User or Device CAL? How to choose:
- User CAL – Gives an individual the right to access the terminal server from any of their devices including their workstation in the office, laptop/desktop at home, or mobile device.
- Why User CAL?
- It will be more cost effective if you have more devices than users. Only 1 user CAL would be required to cover “X” number of devices.
- User CALs are Trusted Tech Team's recommendation. They're cheaper to license and offer more flexibility.
- Device CAL – Gives your 5 devices the ability to access the terminal server such as a workstation in the office or a tablet used to take customer orders.
- Why Device CAL?
- It will be more cost effective if you have numerous users who all access the same device to remote into the server. This method is typically seen in medical offices or warehouses in which the same device has more than one user throughout the day. You will only need to purchase one CAL for each device instead of numerous user CAL for each user.
Whichever solution you choose, you have another layer of flexibility when it comes to content that is published to your users:
Desktop: Your IT admin will be able to push any applications, folders, and documentation onto each user's session. All sessions have the ability to include or exclude any content. This method is preferred if your users are going to be utilizing their remote session as their primary workstation.
RemoteApps: Preferred if you want to host your applications on a virtual machine as if they're directly on your user's desktops. Typically used when you want to manage applications in a secure, remote environment.
For more information regarding the Microsoft Windows Server 2016 Remote Desktop CAL License, contact us at (855) 202-8140 or support@TrustedTechTeam.com.