Windows Server 2016 Remote Desktop - User CAL + Software Assurance
Trusted Return Policy
Item added to your cart
Microsoft Windows Server 2016 Remote Desktop User CAL License with S/A
Need help determining your licensing scenario? Take a look at the guide below:
*This product includes 1 RDS User CALs with Software Assruance*
Microsoft Windows Server 2016 Standard is a powerful and feature-loaded server operating system designed to help enterprises effectively manage their servers and utilize their data. Designed for companies that require advanced features and virtualize to a relatively minimal extent, Microsoft Windows Server 2016 Standard follows a core-based licensing model and gives users rights to 2 virtual machines or 2 Hyper-V Containers. Order your 16-Core version of Microsoft Windows Server 2016 Standard with free installation support from Trusted Tech Team, a Microsoft Silver partner.
This product comes with Software Assurance, which will provide complimentary upgrades to the latest licensing edition if there is a new version of the Remote Desktop CALs within two years of purchase. Get licensed with genuine Microsoft Windows Server 2016 Remote Desktop CALs at low everyday prices, so you can expand your business software as your company grows in size. The individual CALs are great for small business where only one or two employees are added at a time.
User or Device CAL? How to choose:
- User CAL – Grants 1 individual the right to access the terminal server from any of their devices including their workstation in the office, laptop/desktop at home, or mobile device.
- Why User CAL?
- It will be more cost effective if you have more devices than users. Only 1 user CAL would be required to cover “X” number of devices.
- User CALs are Trusted Tech Team's recommendation. They're cheaper to license and offer more flexibility.
- Device CAL – Grants a specific device the ability to access the terminal server such as a workstation in the office or a tablet used to take customer orders.
- Why Device CAL?
- It will be more cost effective if you have numerous users who all access the same device to remote into the server. This method is typically seen in medical offices or warehouses in which the same device has more than one user throughout the day. You will only need to purchase one CAL for each device instead of numerous user CAL for each user.
- To ensure you are in compliance with the licensing terms, you will want to keep a head count on the number of device/users accessing the terminal server. If no CALs are available, the remote users will be blocked out from accessing the terminal server. Speak with our licensing experts today to ensure you are in compliance!
Whichever solution you choose, you have another layer of flexibility when it comes to content that is published to your users:
- Desktop: Your IT admin will be able to push any applications, folders, and documentation onto each user's session. All sessions have the ability to include or exclude any content. This method is preferred if your users are going to be utilizing their remote session as their primary workstation.
- RemoteApps: Preferred if you want to host your applications on a virtual machine as if they're directly on your user's desktops. Typically used when you want to manage applications in a secure, remote environment.
For more information regarding the Microsoft Windows Server 2016 Remote Desktop CAL License, contact us at (855) 202-8140 or support@TrustedTechTeam.com.
What do I get with my purchase?
You receive an authorization and agreement number to register on the Volume Licensing Service Center
How long does it take get my download?
Open License products are delivered via email within 1-2 days of placing the order
What if I need help?
We provide installation support free with all purchases. Just reach out if you need help, we're here!
Give us a call or chat instantly
These are just a necessity nowadays with what's going on during the pandemic and such. I'm sure I'll be back here buying more from Trusted Tech Team. Thanks.
These are Server 2016 Remote Desktop CALs, careful not to confuse them with other CALs. Thanks for the help.
I started to panic after requiring employees to have access to the office computers from their home computers! I'm just so happy Trusted Tech Team has engineers readily available to help get things squared away all the while keeping Microsoft off my back. Thank you!