Windows Server 2016 Remote Desktop - 5 User CAL License
Trusted Return Policy
Item added to your cart
Microsoft Windows Server 2016 Remote Desktop 5 User CAL License
Need help determining your licensing scenario? Take a look at the guide below:
*This product includes 5 RDS User CALs
If you use Windows Server 2016 and you are expanding your remote workforce, you need RDS User CALs to grant remote users access to remote desktops in your datacenter. Grant up to five remote users access to Windows Server 2016 with this 5 RDS User CAL bundle, now available with free installation support from a Microsoft Silver Partner here at Trusted Tech Team.
Windows Server 2016 offers two different types of containers for Windows Server instances:
Windows Server Container. This container type is intended for low-trust workloads where you don't mind that container instances running on the same server may share some common resources.
Hyper-V Container. This isn't a Hyper-V host or VM. Instead, its a super isolated, containerized Windows Server instance that is completely isolated from other containers and potentially from the host server. Hyper-V containers are appropriate for high-trust workloads.
User or Device CAL? How to choose:
- User CAL – Grants up to 5 users the right to access your office's terminal server from any of their devices including their workstation in the office, laptop/desktop at home, or mobile device.
- Why User CAL?
- It will be more cost effective if you have more devices than users. Only 1 user CAL would be required to cover “X” number of devices.
- User CALs are Trusted Tech Team's recommendation. They're cheaper to license and offer more flexibility.
- Device CAL – Grants a specific device the ability to access the terminal server such as a workstation in the office or a tablet used to take customer orders.
- Why Device CAL?
- It will be more cost effective if you have numerous users who all access the same device to remote into the server. This method is typically seen in medical offices or warehouses in which the same device has more than one user throughout the day. You will only need to purchase one CAL for each device instead of numerous user CAL for each user.
- To ensure you are in compliance with the licensing terms, you will want to keep a head count on the number of device/users accessing the terminal server. If no CALs are available, the remote users will be blocked out from accessing the terminal server. Speak with our licensing experts today to ensure you are in compliance!
Whichever solution you choose, you have another layer of flexibility when it comes to content that is published to your users:
- Desktop: Your IT admin will be able to push any applications, folders, and documentation onto each user's session. All sessions have the ability to include or exclude any content. This method is preferred if your users are going to be utilizing their remote session as their primary workstation.
- RemoteApps: Preferred if you want to host your applications on a virtual machine as if they're directly on your user's desktops. Typically used when you want to manage applications in a secure, remote environment.
For more information regarding the Microsoft Windows Server 2016 Remote Desktop CAL License, contact us at (855) 202-8140 or support@TrustedTechTeam.com.
What do I get with my purchase?
You receive a product key, download link and install instructions
How do I get the download?
Most products are delivered digitally via email within 30 minutes of purchase.
What if I need help?
We provide installation support free with all purchases. Just reach out if you need help, we're here!
Give us a call or chat instantly
Purchased the CAL's, plugged them into my server and Microsoft authorized the keys. All good!