|Manufacturer Part Number
|Manufacturer Website Address
||Windows XP Home Edition Upgrade
Windows XP Home Edition is the operating system designed exclusively for home computing. From digital photos, music, and video to building a home network, Windows XP brings you into the digital age with ease.
|Software Sub Type
||Windows XP Home Edition
The most dependable Windows operating system yet:
- Windows XP sets the standard in efficient computing with a new visual design, the reliable Windows engine, and Internet security features.
Handle digital media like a pro:
- Transferring footage to your computer is faster and editing is easier than ever, with everything you need to create, edit, and share your home movies.
- Windows XP has built-in Internet, home networking, and real-time voice, video, and instant messaging support. Publish pictures to a website or shop online.
Use Remote Assistance to solve problems:
- Invite a friend or support professional to connect to your PC over the Internet to fix a problem or answer a question.
Upgradation of Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition required:
- PC with a 233-MHz or faster processor required, 300-MHz Intel Pentium, Celeron family, AMD K6, Athlon, Duron family, or compatible processor recommended
- 128 MB of RAM or more recommended (64 MB minimum supported, may limit performance and some features)
- 1.5 GB of available hard-disk space required (hard-disk usage will vary based on configuration, custom install may use more or less disk space), additional hard-disk space may be required if you are installing over a network
- Super VGA monitor and video adapter supporting 800 x 600 or higher resolution
- Video Card:
- For DVD video playback:
- DVD-ROM drive and DVD decoder card or DVD decoder software and 8 MB of video RAM.
- Video capture feature requires appropriate digital or analog video capture device and 400 MHz or faster processor
- Keyboard and Microsoft Mouse or compatible pointing device
- 14.4 Kbps or faster modem, some Internet functionality may require Internet access.
- Network adapter appropriate for the type of network to which you wish to connect, and access to an appropriate network infrastructure.
- For instant messaging, voice and video conferencing, and application sharing, both parties need .NET Passport account and Internet access