|Manufacturer Part Number
|Manufacturer Website Address
||Windows Server 2003 R2 Standard x64 Edition - Media Only
Doing more with less just got better! Learn how Windows Server 2003 R2 simplifies branch server management, improves identity and access management, reduces storage management costs, provides a rich Web platform, and offers cost-effective server virtualization.
|Software Sub Type
||Windows Server 2003 R2 Standard Edition 64-bit
Simplified Branch Server Management:
- More centralized management: Provides centralized management tools for file and print functions
- Reduced remote administration: Minimizes local administration and local back up
- Better WAN efficiencies: Enables faster data replication over wide area networks
Improved Identity and Access Management:
- Greater user efficiency: Fewer user passwords, for both internal and partner-hosted web applications, through extranet Single Sign-On and identity federation
- Enhanced IT efficiency: Centralized administration of extranet application access, fewer password resets, and the ability to delegate user management to trusted partners
- Better security: Automated "shut off" of extranet access based on disabling a user's Active Directory account
- Better regulatory compliance: Log user access to partner applications in external security domains
- Improved interoperability with heterogeneous systems: Cross-platform Web Single Sign-On and identity federation using Web Services interoperability specifications and tools to manage and dynamically update user accounts and passwords across Windows and UNIX systems using Network Information Service (NIS). Also performs automatic synchronization of passwords between Windows and UNIX operating systems.
Reduced Storage Management Costs:
- Better storage utilization: Provides storage utilization information through detailed storage reports
- Better quota management: Monitors and controls disk space usage with directory quotas.
- Better file screening: Limits types of files allowed on servers with file screening
- Simpler SAN configuration: Easily configures and provisions storage area networks (SANs)
Rich Web Platform:
- Better performing web platform: Latest 64-bit and .NET technologies double the Web performance
Cost Effective Server Virtualization:
- Better virtualization value: Windows Server 2003 R2 Enterprise Edition provides better value in server virtualization. Licensing policy changes now allow customers to run up to 4 virtual instances of Windows Server 2003 R2 Enterprise Edition on one licensed physical server or hardware partition.
- x64: Intel Pentium or Xeon family with Intel Extended Memory 64 Technology, or AMD Opteron family, AMD Athlon 64 family, or compatible
- x64: 512 MB RAM (supports up to 32 GB of RAM on 1- to 4-way servers)
- VGA or hardware that supports console redirection required; Super VGA supporting 800 x 600 or higher-resolution monitor recommended
Note: Windows Server 2003 may not use multiple processors with some Intel Pentium Pro or Pentium II processors.
* Support for up to four processors on one server.