Windows Server 2016 Remote Desktop - 1 User CAL
Trusted Return Policy
- Does not include a Windows Server license
- Minimum of 5 CALs required per new Open Value agreement
- Shop Windows Server licenses
- Remote Desktop Service User CALs grant access to your users to remotely connect to your server
- Required for every user that is remotely connecting
- Looking for Device CALs? Click Here!
Item added to your cart
Microsoft Windows Server 2016 Remote Desktop User CAL License
Need help determining your licensing scenario? Take a look at the guide below:
*This product includes 1 RDS User CALs significant improvements have been made to the 2016 edition of Windows Server, allowing users to build larger and more reliable Desktop-as-a-Service solutions, that can be delivered to any device even through unstable network connection (RDP v10, new RDP Clients, Connection Broker enhancements).
Microsoft Windows Server 2016 Remote Desktop requires user CALs for individuals to access the software. Grow your team one at a time by order an individual user CAL from Trusted Tech Team. We carry genuine Microsoft Windows Server 2016 Remote Desktop CALs at low everyday prices, so you can expand your business software as your company grows in size. The individual CALs are great for small business where only one or two employees are added at a time. Order a CAL during our normal business hours and we’ll electronically deliver your purchase within 30 minutes of ordering.
User or Device CAL? How to choose:
- User CAL – Grants 1 individual the right to access the terminal server from any of their devices including their workstation in the office, laptop/desktop at home, or mobile device.
- Why User CAL?
- It will be more cost effective if you have more devices than users. Only 1 user CAL would be required to cover “X” number of devices.
- User CALs are Trusted Tech Team's recommendation. They're cheaper to license and offer more flexibility.
- Device CAL – Grants a specific device the ability to access the terminal server such as a workstation in the office or a tablet used to take customer orders.
- Why Device CAL?
- It will be more cost effective if you have numerous users who all access the same device to remote into the server. This method is typically seen in medical offices or warehouses in which the same device has more than one user throughout the day. You will only need to purchase one CAL for each device instead of numerous user CAL for each user.
- To ensure you are in compliance with the licensing terms, you will want to keep a head count on the number of device/users accessing the terminal server. If no CALs are available, the remote users will be blocked out from accessing the terminal server. Speak with our licensing experts today to ensure you are in compliance!
Whichever solution you choose, you have another layer of flexibility when it comes to content that is published to your users:
- Desktop: Your IT admin will be able to push any applications, folders, and documentation onto each user's session. All sessions have the ability to include or exclude any content. This method is preferred if your users are going to be utilizing their remote session as their primary workstation.
- RemoteApps: Preferred if you want to host your applications on a virtual machine as if they're directly on your user's desktops. Typically used when you want to manage applications in a secure, remote environment.
For more information regarding the Microsoft Windows Server 2016 Remote Desktop CAL License, contact us at (855) 202-8140 or support@TrustedTechTeam.com.
What do I get with my purchase?
You receive a product key, download link and install instructions
How do I get the download?
Most products are delivered digitally via email within 30 minutes of purchase.
What if I need help?
We provide installation support free with all purchases. Just reach out if you need help, we're here!
Give us a call or chat instantly
Best damn vendor or reseller out there. They do what they say when they say it. Seems to be an old practice that should be brought back into the world. I stand by you guys at trusted tech team.
Love doing business with this group of people. Always so happy and ready to help. Utilize their sales line, they are chock-full of good info. Take care
I don't want to make it a habit, but I sort of do. The team here at Trusted Tech Team is very mystical with their talents! TY for getting it done in that short of a timeline!
I bought the wrong thing, yet their team was so quick to help I'm super glad they were so understanding. Thanks.
Little trouble on my end. Easily resolved with support. Thanks for clearing it up.